On November 3, 2020, I'm asking all registered voters, irrespective of party, to support my Independent candidacy for D.C. Delegate to Congress. Why? Because DC Statehood isn't a partisan issue, it's a civil rights issue.
For the past 38 years, as a tax paying, law abiding District resident, I have waited patiently for the right to vote and be fully represented in Congress. A right that is an essential privilege of American citizenship. That patience was rewarded with a largely symbolic vote by the U.S. House of Representatives on June 26, 2020.
It’s time to move beyond symbolism and demand the rights of full citizenship for residents of the District of Columbia. It's time for an Independent and non-partisan approach. It's time for change. Your financial contribution to my campaign, in any amount, is greatly appreciated. Help me build the broad coalitions needed to support our efforts. Join me in the fight to achieve DC Statehood!
Campaign finance law requires us to collect your occupation and employer. Contributions or gifts to Barbara Washington Franklin for Congress are not tax deductible.
- I am a U.S. citizen or lawfully admitted permanent resident (i.e., green card holder).
- This contribution is made from my own funds, and funds are not being provided to me by another person or entity for the purpose of making this contribution.
- I am making this contribution with my own personal credit card and not with a corporate or business credit card or a card issued to another person.
- I am at least eighteen years old.
- I am not a federal contractor.
- Employees of federal contractors are permitted to contribute.